Resources for Harp Students
- Lyon and Healy is one of many harp makers; they sell both pedal and lever harps and offer a rent-to-own program.
- There is a certified pre-owned harps program for harpists interested in buying a used instrument.
- Check out Harp Column's Classifieds for other used instruments.
- Local secondhand instruments may be available for purchase; contact me for more information.
Bench and Music Stand
- You will need a sturdy, height-adjustable bench that is comfortable to sit on; click here for some great options from Vanderbilt Music.
- Similarly, your music stand should also be height-adjustable.
Tuning Key and Tuner
- All harpists will need a tuning key - I recommend the rubber, ergonomic options (Bonus! They come in seven fantastic colors - click here to see all options).
- Tuner apps available for download on your phone, or can be found in any general music store.
- Available on Amazon or in any store that sells general music equipment.
- There are great apps available for download on your phone.
- National harp organization
- Publishes two journals per year (included in membership).
- Saturday morning group classes for both pedal and lever harpists with end-of-semester concerts
- Two levels to accommodate all abilities
- Bi-monthly publication
- Website has forums, interviews, news, and classifieds
- Additional Harp Column resources include HC Academy and HC Music, which offers digital sheet music downloads
- Connects harpists internationally with a conference every three years
- Publishes the WHC Review, distributed in 50+ countries